Re: [Lyric+Chords project] required engravers

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: [Lyric+Chords project] required engravers
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2018 09:19:25 -0500

Hi Johan,

> For a lead sheet it is crucial that the chord is placed exactly on top of
> the syllable. Since the chords are wider than the syllables, it would
> become something similar to
> http://www.squirrel.nl/pub/xfer/uploads/3CSdG2lqsGIQZwZdizzYr3Eg.png

Exactly.

> Some seem to like an alternative format that put the chords after
> the line, and underscore the syllable
> http://www.squirrel.nl/pub/xfer/uploads/3CzvTW10rCuZmRgnnMzwBhAQ.png

Yes! It would be very interesting to eventually include multiple different
formats in the framework. However, my first target is the most common format
(i.e., the "chords exactly on top of syllable" format you mentioned above).

Thanks,
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer
‣ website: www.kierenmacmillan.info