Re: [Lyric+Chords project] required engravers

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: [Lyric+Chords project] required engravers
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2018 10:08:05 +0100

Am Fr., 14. Dez. 2018 um 17:57 Uhr schrieb Kieren MacMillan
<address@hidden>:

> Hi Harm,
>
> > Any idea how to tackle:
> > (1) ligatures
> > \lyricmode { f -- i }
>
> Can you give me a real world situation — in a "regular" score (i.e., with
> notes) — in which you would want both a ligature *and* chords on both
> elements of the ligature? I can’t comprehend what that would look like…
>
> Thanks,
> Kieren.

Hi Kieren,

I can't imagine such a score either, though isn't it the challenge to
transform a score with chords/notes/lyrics there into a leadsheat?
Then you may have hyphenated text in such a score which should be
transformed into one word in the text of a leadsheet.

Look at the german children song:
https://cdn.familie.de/bilder/die-affen-rasen-durch-den-wald-1200-235512.jpg

In the last meaure of second line the chords could be done like
E/E   E/B    E/Gis  E/E
Af -- fen -- ban -- de
(No ligature, every syllable with it's own chord-symbol)

In a leadsheet I'd then expect
E/E E/B E/Gis E/E
Affenbande
with ligature at "ff" and reasonable distributed chord-symbols.

Or are my expextations wrongly?

Cheers,
  Harm