Edition Engraver in 2.19

From: Reggie
Subject: Edition Engraver in 2.19
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2018 13:55:23 -0700 (MST)

Good day list

Can anyone tell me how one can properly learn just what the edition engraver
is and what it does? I have seen several people on this list really express
how much it helps them but how did they learn? Is there any documentation or
do users actually learn the EE by looking at this?
https://github.com/openlilylib/edition-engraver/blob/master/usage-examples/example-1.ly
>From what I've gathered on the list here the EE is immensely powerful and
yet I can't find my way around just understanding what it does, how it does
it, and why I should consider using it. Any out there able to offer a brief
crash course? Thanks you.