Re: Spacing issue with magnifyStaff

From: Malte Meyn
Subject: Re: Spacing issue with magnifyStaff
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2018 13:44:19 +0200

Am 02.09.18 um 23:15 schrieb foxfanfare:
Hi everyone,

I'm working on a piece which need a small low staff for reference. I had
several issues with \magnifyStaff since it would seem to work only in case
the smaller staves are above a full-sized one (like in a chamber piece with
a piano) (see:
http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/TimeSignature-and-magnifyStaff-td214906.html#none
<http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/TimeSignature-and-magnifyStaff-td214906.html#none>
)

Hi foxfanfare,

You already reported that bug earlier and it was listed as issue 5385: https://sourceforge.net/p/testlilyissues/issues/5385/
It got the status “Ugly”, not only “Enhancement”, so it is seen as a bug.

In this specific situation, I have spacing issues. I wrote some code for you
to see what the problem is:

[…]

You can see in the second exemple some spacing problems before the
accidentals. Does someone has any idea how to solve this?

Thanks!

space.JPG <http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/file/t5604/space.JPG>

Do you mean the too wide space directly before any accidentals? As I said at https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-lilypond/2018-07/msg00041.html (and this made it’s way to the issue tracker), horizontal spacing in general is ugly here and I suppose that the accidental problem is just one facet of the problem.

I wish I could give a constructive answer to your problem but for now I don’t have time to tackle this issue :(