Re: Trouble with notation fonts when resizing

From: David Sumbler
Subject: Re: Trouble with notation fonts when resizing
Date: Sat, 12 May 2018 10:47:43 +0100

On Sat, 2018-05-12 at 15:27 +1000, Brent Annable wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I've been trying out some new notation fonts (gonville and haydn),
> but am running into problems when resizing the staves. Basically if I
> use #(set-global-staff-size), the staff size changes but the grobs
> don't, and if I use  #(layout-set-staff-size), everything resizes
> proportionately but the font reverts to emmentaler. I've googled
> around but couldn't find anything.
>
> My code and results are below/attached:
>
> \version "2.19.65"
> music = \relative c' { \autoBeamOff c8 d e f g a b c}
>
> #(set-global-staff-size 15)
>
> \score {
> \new Staff \music
> }
> \score {
>   \new Staff \music
>   \layout {
>   #(layout-set-staff-size 15)
>   }
> }
> \paper {
>   #(define fonts
>     (set-global-fonts
>      #:music "gonville"
>      #:brace "gonville"
>    ))
> }
>

> Can anyone help?
>
> Regards and thanks,
>
> Brent.

Strangely enough, I ran into a related problem last night.  But I
eventually remembered that I had encountered the same thing over a year
ago, with an exchange and advice on the list.  See
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2017-01/msg00120.html
if you are interested.

set-global-staff-size seems to be very buggy, and the newer magnify-
staff (see Notation Ref. section 4.2.2) is recommended.  You might find
that this makes things easier.

David