Re: Trouble with notation fonts when resizing

From: Torsten Hämmerle
Subject: Re: Trouble with notation fonts when resizing
Date: Sun, 13 May 2018 05:32:49 -0700 (MST)

David Sumbler wrote
> [...] whilst \abs-fontsize changes the size of the font, it doesn't
> apparently alter its spacing.  Perhaps it should, because I can't imagine
> that anyone would ever find that particular characteristic very useful.

Hi David,

Now I see what you mean and this shouldn't happen and I'd call it a bug.

As usual, a minimal (compilable) example would have helped enormously.
Here it is:

%%%%%
\version "2.19.81"

\header {
  title = \markup \abs-fontsize #20 "Absolute Font Size"
}

#(set-global-staff-size 18)
 \book { { b'1 } }

#(set-global-staff-size 14)
 \book { { b'1 } }

#(set-global-staff-size 26)
 \book { { b'1 } }
%%%%%

<http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/file/t3887/abs-fontsize-problem.png>

\abs-fontsize tries to get all kinds of scaling information via
ly:output-def-lookup, but apparently not enough for working correctly under
these circumstances.

All the best,
Torsten

All the best,