Re: Lilypond slow to start up on the Mac

From: Arle Lommel
Subject: Re: Lilypond slow to start up on the Mac
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2018 06:21:41 -0400

I'm using the latest development build, but had notes the same problem using
the latest 2.18 build, so I don't see a way to update to anything more recent
in this case.

I wouldn't have thought of a font cache, but that gives me something to test
and report back on. Perhaps it is a recurrence of that problem or some
variation. If it is, though, it's not likely to be identical because Lilypond
works fine on its own and hangs only when invoked, and then only on the first
run after a reboot (although that would lend some credence to a font caching
issue).

I'm not where I can test now, but I'll do so later.

Thanks for the pointer.

Arle

--
Misit de iPhone meo.