Re: The Power of Lilypond

From: Torsten Hämmerle
Subject: Re: The Power of Lilypond
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2018 14:15:02 -0700 (MST)

Kieren MacMillan wrote
> Synchronicitously, we are in the middle of a discussion of the pros and
> cons of Lily+LaTeX versus Dorico et al.

When compared to Sibelius/Finale, Dorico is a huge improvement ("flows",
i.e. more than one score in a document...)
All this is old hat to LilyPond, of course, but the so-called professional
(i.e. commercial) programs, well..., you know...

But now, having the possibility of combining uncompromising TeX typesetting
and uncompromising LilyPond music engraving, this can hardly be beaten.

And, independent of the technology in use, you'll have to know what you're
doing in the first place.
In any case---this document is something to be proud of!

Cheerio,
Torsten