Re: [OT] Linux Users

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: [OT] Linux Users
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2017 16:04:36 +0100

Am 18.11.2017 um 15:59 schrieb Jan-Peter Voigt:
Hello,

Am 18.11.2017 um 15:44 schrieb Hwaen Ch'uqi:
However, when a mix of text and music is involved, I use LilyPond's
rather robust \markup and \markuplist commands, finding lilypond-book
to be too cumbersome or specific.
sometimes I typeset a preface text for a LilyPond document. I use a markup command that starts XeLaTeX to create a PDF, exports all pages into EPS-files with pdftops and then imports them as a markuplist. Sounds complicated, but is actually easy to use.

I assume this set-up doesn't have any notion of page breaks?
So it isn't possible to split the text blocks into multiple parts?.

It would be great if LIlyPond would know where *on the page* the markup block would start, That way it would be possible to pass that info to LaTeX (in the form of paper size and geometry info) and create one or multiple files with the typeset text, which would then just fit onto the remaining space on the score paper.

Urs

Jan-Peter