Re: Starting with Lilypond - First Error

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Starting with Lilypond - First Error
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2017 22:46:28 +0100

Henning Hraban Ramm <address@hidden> writes:

> Am 2017-03-13 um 17:44 schrieb Scoutladen - Ralph Fröhlich <address@hidden>:
>
>> I try to use Lilypond in our Mediawiki for collection songs for
>> group of children (like boyscouts...).
>>
>> Try to set up the first song with a given .ly I get the first
>> errors. The code of affen.ly seams to be correct, and I try to
>> google for the error-messages. But I didn't find any help
>
> I guess you are using the Score extension:
> https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Score
>
> None of the examples uses variables. This and the hints from the other
> replies suggest, that this Mediawiki extension writes a temporary
> "file.ly", that wraps your code in a \score block, i.e. it is only
> meant for single scores/snippets/examples without structure or
> variables, not for whole song sheets or the like.

On the page you cite I read in the descriptions of attributes:

    raw     0 (default), 1 If set to 1, the score code is interpreted as a
            complete LilyPond file. Use this option if you want to
            create more complex scores. If the score language (lang
            attribute) is not set to lilypond, this attribute is
            ignored.

So preumably the OP would need to use

<score raw="1">
</score>

here.  Without him actually showing _how_ he uses "LilyPond in our
Mediawiki", of course, that is pure guesserola.

--
David Kastrup