Re: Starting with Lilypond - First Error

From: Malte Meyn
Subject: Re: Starting with Lilypond - First Error
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2017 22:14:17 +0100

Am 13.03.2017 um 22:04 schrieb David Kastrup:
> Scoutladen - Ralph Fröhlich <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Hi everybody,
>>
>> I try to use Lilypond in our Mediawiki for collection songs for group
>> of children (like boyscouts...).
>>
>> Try to set up the first song with a given .ly I get the first
>> errors. The code of affen.ly seams to be correct, and I try to google
>> for the error-messages. But I didn't find any help
>>
>> If you have anny idea?
>>
>> Best regards
>> Ralph
>>
>> Errors
>>
>> Processing `.../file.ly'
>> Parsing...
>> .../file.ly:27:1: error: Spurious expression in \score
>
> file.ly is not affen.ly and the error messages as well as the line
> numbers do not correspond with what you posted.
>
> In the posted affen.ly there is not even a \score written.

If you add the line

    \score {

directly before the #(set-global-staff-size 14) you’ll get this error
message—but only if you use LilyPond 2.19.xx; versions 2.18.2 and
earlier (like the 2.12.3 in Ralph’s \version statement) only say

“error: syntax error, unexpected SCM_TOKEN, expecting \header

  #(set-global-staff-size 14)”

So please, Ralph, give us the correct and complete file and state the
LilyPond version you are actually using.