Re: New LilyPond website

From: Henning Hraban Ramm
Subject: Re: New LilyPond website
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2016 08:40:41 +0100

Am 2016-11-29 um 02:33 schrieb John Roper <address@hidden>:

> I have thought about the no scripts idea, and I belive that right now, there
> are not many websites that do not use javascript for some functionality.
> Wordpress it's self is almost entirely built upon javascript and php and it
> makes up >25% of all websites online
> (https://martechtoday.com/wordpress-used-on-25-percent-of-all-websites-report-151115).
>  Even the lilypond blog runs on wordpress.

The blog is not an official part of the LilyPond project.

LilyPond’s website gets build with LilyPond’s build process. In several
languages at once. From version managed sources.
Can you build a Wordpress site with make or other automatable command line
tools? No, you can’t.
Are you willing to spend your time fixing security bugs of Wordpress? I
wouldn’t.

Please look up several previous discussions about new website designs that took
place on the LilyPond mailing lists, before you invest more time.

Greetlings, Hraban
---
fiëé visuëlle
Henning Hraban Ramm