Re: Tags and chord repetition

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Tags and chord repetition
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2016 20:18:42 +0200

Peter Crighton <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello all,
>
> I came upon some unexpected behaviour when using a tag on, for example, a
> markup that is attached to a chord repetition symbol (see below).
> How can I fix this, so only the markup and not also the chord repetition
> symbol gets tagged?
>

> \version "2.19.47"
>
> x = \tag #'tabstaff ^x
>
> music = \relative c {
>   c4 c c c\x
>   q q q q\x
> }
>
> \new StaffGroup <<
>   \new Staff \keepWithTag #'staff <<
>     \clef "treble_8"
>     \music
>   >>
>   \new TabStaff \keepWithTag #'tabstaff <<
>     \tabFullNotation
>     \music
>   >>

Huh, this is a bug.  It comes about because \keepWithTag removes music
that ends up without either an 'elements or 'element field.  But a
repeat chord (before it is expanded) does not contain elements by
default apart from its articulations.

I'm not sure what the best fix is.  Stop the recursive removal
altogether with respect to 'elements?  As opposed to the
single-expression 'element field, setting 'elements to '() usually keeps
stuff in working condition.

--
David Kastrup