Re: Song layout for overhead projection

From: Klaus Blum
Subject: Re: Song layout for overhead projection
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2016 05:05:28 -0700 (MST)

Am 27.08.2016 um 23:26 schrieb address@hidden:
> I have a song transcribed in lilypond notation. It prints very nicely on
> one page, like you might see in a hymnal. How do I print that same song so
> that it could be projected on a screen? E.g. printed in landscape, broken
> up over multiple pages and song verses printed separately and in sequence
> instead of all together.

Hi David and David,

here is another way that I'm using at the moment. It's still work in
progress and hence far from perfect.  ;-)

I have two different include files (for projection resp. printing) with some
layout settings and things like:
% ------------------------------
% (for projection: Beamer-Def.ily)
VersionIndicator = 1   %  will be used in score definitions
brBeam = {\break}
brPrint = {}
neueFolie = \pageBreak
neueSeite = {}
% ------------------------------
% (for printing: Print-Def.ily)
VersionIndicator = 2
brBeam = {}
brPrint = {\break}
neueFolie = {}
neueSeite = \pageBreak
% ------------------------------

Depending on what definition file is included, one of these commands will
result in a (page) break or simply nothing.
By that, you can manually optimize the layout both for printing and
projection.

For every song I create a ly file. If I want to create a document containing
multiple songs, I just copy the contents subsequently into one file. I just
have to take care that there's only one include statement at the top.

I'll try to attach an example (
http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/User-f3.html seems to be somewhat out
of date, so I don't know where this will end up).
Most comments are in German, but I can add English explanations if anybody
is interested.

Hope to help,
Klaus

Projector.pdf