Re: Song layout for overhead projection

From: Klaus Blum
Subject: Re: Song layout for overhead projection
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2016 11:59:39 +0200

Am 27.08.2016 um 23:26 schrieb address@hidden:
I have a song transcribed in lilypond notation. It prints very nicely on one page, like you might see in a hymnal. How do I print that same song so that it could be projected on a screen? E.g. printed in landscape, broken up over multiple pages and song verses printed separately and in sequence instead of all together.
Hi David and David,

here is another way that I'm using at the moment. It's still work in progress and hence far from perfect. ;-)

I have two different include files (for projection resp. printing) with some layout settings and things like:
% ------------------------------
% (for projection: Beamer-Def.ily)
VersionIndicator = 1   %  will be used in score definitions
brBeam = {\break}
brPrint = {}
neueFolie = \pageBreak
neueSeite = {}
% ------------------------------
% (for printing: Print-Def.ily)
VersionIndicator = 2
brBeam = {}
brPrint = {\break}
neueFolie = {}
neueSeite = \pageBreak

Depending on what definition file is included, one of these commands will result in a (page) break or simply nothing. By that, you can manually optimize the layout both for printing and projection.

For every song I create a ly file. If I want to create a document containing multiple songs, I just copy the contents subsequently into one file. I just have to take care that there's only one include statement at the top.

I'll try to attach an example ( http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/User-f3.html seems to be somewhat out of date, so I cannot use it at the moment). Most comments are in German, but I can add English explanations if anybody is interested.

Hope to help,
Klaus