Impossible or ambiguous (de)crescendo in MIDI.

From: Graham King
Subject: Impossible or ambiguous (de)crescendo in MIDI.
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2016 14:37:44 +0000

I'm trying to eradicate numerous "Impossible or ambiguous (de)crescendo in MIDI" errors from a large score, and two problems arise:

1) I'm finding it hard to locate the source of these errors.  So far, I've tried: But it is still not easy to run the errors to ground.
Is there some better tactic for locating their cause?  (I note some previous discussion on this list[1], and issue 3945[2])

2) The second problem arose when I finally tracked down one such error.  Here's the minimal example:
\version "2.19.35"

music = \relative {
  c''2\p\< c |
  c1\fz\>%-\omit\mf |
  c\p  |
}

\score {
  \music
}

\score {
  \music
  \midi {}
}

As it stands, this gives two of these error messages.  If I try to suppress them by uncommenting "-\omit/mf" I get the following errors in addition:
5:10: warning: Two simultaneous absolute-dynamic events, junking this one
  c1\fz\>
         -\omit\mf |
5:5: warning: Previous absolute-dynamic event here
  c1
    \fz\>-\omit\mf |
Is there a magic spell to soothe lilypond in these circumstances?  It might seem like nit-picking, but there are so many of these errors in the score that they are obscuring other, more important, messages.

Notes:
[1] For example, https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2014-05/msg00648.html
{2} At the time of writing, this may be found at https://sourceforge.net/p/testlilyissues/issues/3945/