Re: Behavior of non-flag side with strictBeatBeaming

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Behavior of non-flag side with strictBeatBeaming
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2016 08:58:55 +0100

Am 15.01.2016 um 08:49 schrieb Urs Liska:
>> In solution G), I think that position 2 is really invalid.  How can it
>> > have a duration of 1/32 and 1/64 at the same time?
> That's true.
> I'll have to look into that (obviously the stem is also looking to the
> right side and takes more beams than it can handle ;-) ). Thanks for
> spotting.

I could already fix that. Yes, it simply took the beam count from the
neighboring stem, and I could tell it to take the lower number of the
neighbor and its "generic" beam count (i.e. the one for its own
duration). I take the fact that I could identify and fix the issue that
easily as a proof that my new approach to iterating over the beam is
indeed more straightforward and maintainable than the previous code :-)

Urs