Re: Behavior of non-flag side with strictBeatBeaming

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: Behavior of non-flag side with strictBeatBeaming
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2016 06:52:33 +0100 (CET)

> I have pulled together a complicated example, which is engraved with
> a number of option combinations. For ease of discussion I have
> numbered the stems.

Thanks.  My comments below are of general nature, not specific to
subdivisions.

> B) and C) are with just subdivideBeams on, but with different
> baseMoment settings.
> For those who didn't notice so far: The divisions between 2-3 and
> 7-8 in B) have a different number of beams: the beam count
> corresponds to the metrical position of the stem right of the
> division.

For me, in B) there should be a beamlet at position 2, pointing into
the direction of position 1.  In general, if there is a dotted note,
there should be an associated beamlet that fills up this combination
to a multiple of a (subdivision?) counter.  Consequently, I also want
a beamlet at position 10, pointing to 11, as shown in D).

Actually, I'm missing a solution that looks like F) but has three
beams between 2 and 3.

In solution G), I think that position 2 is really invalid.  How can it
have a duration of 1/32 and 1/64 at the same time?

    Werner