Re: Feature request for Nalesnik's rN.ly

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: Re: Feature request for Nalesnik's rN.ly
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2015 18:21:03 -0600

Hi Ferdinand,

On Wed, Dec 9, 2015 at 5:23 PM, Ferdinand Grau <address@hidden> wrote:
The problem is that I severely lack the ability to typest chords like the ones in the attachment: II6/5/♭, II7/♭5, etc. Interestingly enough, arbitrary number of inversion digits was supported by earlier version of \rN (https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2014-11/msg00470.html). but it's not supported by current version hosted at LSR (http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Snippet?id=710).

Actually, the version of the snippet in the LSR is _ancient_  The version on the lists that you refer to is more recent.

I was planning to announce this when I made some improvements/enhancements*, but...

I've moved all development of this to a GitHub repository here:  https://github.com/davidnalesnik/lilypond-roman-numeral-tool.  There are significant improvements over what you'll find in the archives. Ability to do altered figures is one of the things I've added.  You can't do the isolated flat, but I confess I've never seen that notation used with _Roman numeral_ notation, rather only within pure figured bass.

Try it out, and feel free to make comments/suggestions there.

Best,
David

*And at that point, FINALLY update the LSR snippet.