Re: Having some trouble getting LilyPond to run on the command line

From: Ralf Mattes
Subject: Re: Having some trouble getting LilyPond to run on the command line
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2015 17:20:13 +0200

Am Freitag, 25. September 2015 17:03 CEST, Daniel Miller <address@hidden>
schrieb:

> That's certainly a valid criticism, David, and my intention is certainly
> not to waste anyone's time. However, I think it's natural that as users
> (particularly very new users) search for information online, they will find
> increasingly specialized help forums and/or will fail to find answers in
> one place and will try another place instead. Not every case of
> multi-posting is a case of forum spamming, and indeed I do update and/or
> close discussions as answers become apparent elsewhere.

Hello Daniel,

in this case I wouldn't consider the double post a waste of time, given the
small intersection of Lilypond mailing list members an the Stack Overflow crow.
It might be a good idea to mention your other attempts to solve your problem in
the mail so we have a chance to see what has allready been mentioned.

Anyway, back to your problem (running abjad, was that your goal?):

 I hink the easiest route would be to edit abjads configuration file (see
  http://abjad.mbrsi.org/installation.html#configuring-abjad). You might want
to change the line

 lilypond_path = lilypond

 lilypond_path = /Applications/LilyPond.app/Contents/Resources/bin/lilypond

That should o the trick (sorry, I'm a bit short on time to install abjad on a
Mac
right now, so I  can't test it myself).

HTH Ralf Mattes