Re: Text centralized above a TextSpan

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: Re: Text centralized above a TextSpan
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2015 15:17:16 +0200

On 21.09.2015 15:04, David Nalesnik wrote:
Hi,

On Sat, Sep 19, 2015 at 7:09 PM, David Nalesnik <address@hidden <mailto:address@hidden>> wrote:

    OK, I see.  Using \lyricmode would be a user-friendly way to
    specify markups/strings, connectors/no connectors, and relative
    spacing of texts through attached durations (making the use of
    spacers--somewhat awkward to handle--unnecessary).

Here's a preliminary experiment with using \lyricmode as an input device for text spanner details. It could easily be incorporated into the larger function, but I've pared this down to ask a question.

Is it possible to avoid needing to type \lyricmode when calling \test?

David K. will be able to answer this, but I may say: it’s possible to omit the {} around \lyricmode {} which already makes it nicer, and then typing \lyricmode has its advantages: it’s easier to understand, and easier to highlight syntax correctly.

Yours, Simon