Should I stop using barchecks in lyrics?

From: Colin Tennyson
Subject: Should I stop using barchecks in lyrics?
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2013 06:13:36 -0800 (PST)

The reason I included pipe symbols in the lyrics is that it helps me keep
track.

The problem is: the Lilypond music interpreter issues many erroneous
barcheck warnings for the lyrics sections. In the file I uploaded
(Dormend'un giorn'a baia by Verdelot, choral, 4 voices), there are 11 of
them.

Dormend__a_minor.ly
<http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/file/n156790/Dormend__a_minor.ly>

I noticed a pattern in the erroneous-barcheck-in-lyrics warnings. They occur
when at the corresponding position in the staff a tie extends from one bar
to the next.
(One other case: an erroneous-barcheck-warning-in-the-lyrics at a position
where there are rests both left and right of that bar line.)

My hypothesis:
The bar checking algorithm for the lyrics does not take ties into account.

To find out whether the syllable placing algorithm is in any way dependent
on the bar checks I removed all of the pipe symbols from one section of
lyrics. The syllables still lined up correctly. I infer that the syllable
placing uses only the hyphenation and the melisma-indicating underscores.

I would prefer using barchecks in the lyrics, it helps me keep track. But
the erroneous barcheck warnings are very awkward.

The issue may be related to this one.
http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/Bar-check-warning-td47608.html

Can you advise me how to proceed?
Should I stop using barchecks in lyrics?