Re: Should I stop using barchecks in lyrics?

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: Should I stop using barchecks in lyrics?
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2013 15:26:20 -0000

Colin Tennyson wrote Tuesday, December 31, 2013 2:13 PM

> The problem is: the Lilypond music interpreter issues many erroneous
> barcheck warnings for the lyrics sections.

> I noticed a pattern in the erroneous-barcheck-in-lyrics warnings. They occur
> when at the corresponding position in the staff a tie extends from one bar
> to the next.
> (One other case: an erroneous-barcheck-warning-in-the-lyrics at a position
> where there are rests both left and right of that bar line.)

This is a bug (IMO), first noticed in 2006, and still outstanding:

If you'd like to use bar checks in lyrics simply remove any that give
erroneous warnings (after checking they are erroneous of course).
Although I gave up using them as it is easy to check lyric placement
by inspecting the score.

Trevor