Re: Bar numbers under the music rather than above?

From: ryanmichaelmcclure
Subject: Re: Bar numbers under the music rather than above?
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2013 19:52:47 -0800 (PST)

I came up with a solution--for now. This solution is best used whenever the
piece is completely finished and you can put in this line at the beginning
of every line.

\version "2.17.29"

barNumberLine = \once \override Score.BarNumber.direction =#up

\layout{
  \context {
    \Score
    \override BarNumber.direction= #down

\relative c' {
  \override Score.BarNumber.break-visibility = ##(#f #t #t)
  \repeat unfold 4 {c2 c2} \break
  %Without adding \barNumberLine, the first bar number of this line stays at
the bottom
  \repeat unfold 4 {c2 c2} \break \barNumberLine
  %By adding \barNumberLine, the first bar number of this line is put to the
top, but the others revert back to down.
  \repeat unfold 4 {c2 c2} \break
}

With this, all bar numbers are set to down. With the use of a variable,
barNumberLine, the bar number will be put to the top for one bar. By putting
this before each line, this will enable a bar number up at the beginning of
the line. However, it must be typed at the beginning of each line, and if
you have to change something, it can screw it all up.

But, this is a start. I'm not very good with scripting things--perhaps
someone can help? This would be a wonderful thing to be able to do.

-----
Ryan McClure

Luna Music Engraving