Re: Bar numbers under the music rather than above?

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: Bar numbers under the music rather than above?
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2013 10:03:59 +0100

Hi,

2013/11/18 ryanmichaelmcclure <address@hidden>:
> Also (forgive my double email), would it be possible to format bar numbers?
> For example, making those that are not at the beginning of lines smaller or
> larger? This is one thing I've sort of been ignoring but the time has come
> that I finally ask -.-

Ah, that was the first thing i tried to do with Scheme, quite some
time ago.  I remember it took me over an hour to do this (and i was
just trying to adapt some existing code that i found...)
Here it is:

\override Score.BarNumber #'stencil =
#(lambda (grob)
    (let ((break-dir (ly:item-break-dir grob)))
      (set! (ly:grob-property grob 'font-size)
            (if (= break-dir RIGHT)
                -1
                -3))
      (ly:text-interface::print grob)))

You should be able to adapt it to do other things, for example set
direction.  If you have trouble, ask.

best,
Janek