Re: Lyrics to hymn - new user

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Lyrics to hymn - new user
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2013 04:05:50 +0200

Carl Peterson <address@hidden> writes:

> With my template system, most hymns take me 1/2 an hour at most, and
> probably 85% of that is music input, 10% of it is linking the template
> files together, and 5% of that is fixing input errors.

So here is the challenging question: what would be required to have a
hymn typesetter be able to look at the documentation of LilyPond, and
start typesetting hymns with the delivered doc and styles within an
hour?

That will very likely mean that the documentation and the available
files/styles would need to be different.  How do we get your knowhow
into LilyPond in a way that gives those others no excuse even if they
don't fancy getting a training session with you?

Would you consider this a worthwhile endeavor?

--
David Kastrup