Re: Center Lyric Syllables (ignoring punctuation)

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Center Lyric Syllables (ignoring punctuation)
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2013 12:29:56 +0200

2013/9/30 Alexander Kobel <address@hidden>:
> On 09/29/2013 08:47 PM, Thomas Morley wrote:

>> Afaik, only people with permission to edit the LSR can change a
>> snippet once it is approved. As long as it is unapproved the author
>> can work on it.
>

> Ah, that makes sense. I remember that I could modify snippets some time ago,
> but they were my "own".
>

>> Are you the author of said snippet?
>

> No, I'm not. I always resolved this problem by custom ugly tweaks for … and,
> sometimes, quotes, but I never came up with an elegant one one-shot
> solution. That's why I'm so thrilled about this little function.
>  I also understood that, technically, you are the author of the snippet in
> LSR, but now I feel that you merely approved it?

Yep. I'm one of the LSR-editors and this snippet is not my own.

Btw, I always feel quite awkward approving my own snippets. ;)

>>> … Oh, and, of course, German ones: „ and ‚. Basically, everything from
>>> this
>>> list: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quotation_mark_glyphs
>>

>> In the end that would be a very long list of characters and some of
>> them are of special meaning in guile.
>> Might be not that easy as expected.
>

> I agree, although I don't expect Guile problems for anything but plain ASCII
> prime and double prime, but I might be wrong.
> It's easy to tweak for people who want to use it, anyway; those were just
> the glyphs for which I assume that everybody agrees they should be in there.
> YMMV, though.

Well, I could add a comment about how to extend the 'space-set' with
other characters.
Additionally it might be a thought to tag it docs.
@Phil: What do you think?

Cheers,
  Harm