Re: Center Lyric Syllables (ignoring punctuation)

From: Alexander Kobel
Subject: Re: Center Lyric Syllables (ignoring punctuation)
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2013 07:22:53 +0200

On 09/29/2013 08:47 PM, Thomas Morley wrote:
Hi Alexander,

2013/9/29 Alexander Kobel <address@hidden>:
On 09/29/2013 07:52 PM, Alexander Kobel wrote:

On 09/28/2013 11:23 PM, Thomas Morley wrote:

To the author of the new LSR-snippet "Center Lyric Syllables (ignoring
punctuation)"

Many thanks for your code.

I did some slightly reformatting of code and description.

It's now approved as
http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=888

Really nice.
For some reason, I can log in, but not modify the snippet; I'm not sure
if it's supposed to be that way.

Afaik, only people with permission to edit the LSR can change a
snippet once it is approved. As long as it is unapproved the author
can work on it.

Ah, that makes sense. I remember that I could modify snippets some time ago, but they were my "own".

Are you the author of said snippet?

No, I'm not. I always resolved this problem by custom ugly tweaks for … and, sometimes, quotes, but I never came up with an elegant one one-shot solution. That's why I'm so thrilled about this little function. I also understood that, technically, you are the author of the snippet in LSR, but now I feel that you merely approved it?

Could you modify the space-set to
include the Unicode ellipsis character (…)? I can also imagine there's a
lot more to go in there as well, like French-style quotation marks,

… Oh, and, of course, German ones: „ and ‚. Basically, everything from this
list: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quotation_mark_glyphs

In the end that would be a very long list of characters and some of
them are of special meaning in guile.
Might be not that easy as expected.

I agree, although I don't expect Guile problems for anything but plain ASCII prime and double prime, but I might be wrong. It's easy to tweak for people who want to use it, anyway; those were just the glyphs for which I assume that everybody agrees they should be in there. YMMV, though.

Best,
Alexander