Re: concatenating/converting string variables ?

From: Wim van Dommelen
Subject: Re: concatenating/converting string variables ?
Date: Fri, 17 May 2013 17:27:41 +0200

On 17 May 2013, at 11:47 , Nick Payne wrote:

On 17/05/13 17:45, Paul Malcolm wrote:

excuse me, just a trivial question, but I cannot seem to find the answer.
I want to add the date variable to one element of text in my title.

I have this in the preamble

date = #(strftime "%d-%m-%Y" (localtime (current-time)))

What I want to do is somehow add/concatenate this to a text string
for the name of person doing the arranging, which appears in the
header block, i.e.

arranger = "Arr.  Maestro Smithington-Smythe"

How do I do this so I finally see

  Arr. Maestro Smithington-Smythe, 17/May/2013

Something like this:

date = #(strftime "%d-%m-%Y" (localtime (current-time)))
Arranger = "Arr.  Maestro Smithington-Smythe"

\header {
 composer = "Composer"
 title = "Title"
 arranger = \markup { \Arranger \date }
}

While working on something I use this (included from a global file):

% Define a variable to hold the formatted date:
date = #(strftime "%d-%m-%Y" (localtime (current-time)))

% Miscellaneous:
thisisme = \markup{ \concat { "Engraved by *me*" \bold \date " with" \with-url #"http://lilypond.org/"; "LilyPond " \simple #(lilypond- version) " (http://lilypond.org/)." } }

Below this include in the project-file, I have:

% Fix the date when I finished this:
%date = "27-04-2013"

And when I finish the project I fill in the real date, uncomment it, ready.

Regards,
*me*.