How to use swing.scm in a .ly file

From: Guy Stalnaker
Subject: How to use swing.scm in a .ly file
Date: Fri, 17 May 2013 07:43:24 -0500

All,

Thinking this should be simple to do I've now spent over an hour trying to figure out how to use the functions in swing.scm (https://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/attachmentText?id=687&aid=6870029000&name=swing.scm&token=r8ZwHdiYCou-OG0e72qA0tUNAv0%3A1351867728273). I have copied the .scm file to the \scm directory where lilypond is installed. I then tried to use one of the functions in swing.scm yet lilypond says the function name is an unknown string.

<quote>

Parsing...

/Users/gstalnaker/Dropbox/Guy/Compositions/JustUs/Goodnight, Sweetheart, Goodnight.ly:134:2: error: unknown escaped string: `\tripletFeel'

\tripletFeel 8 {

/Users/gstalnaker/Dropbox/Guy/Compositions/JustUs/Goodnight, Sweetheart, Goodnight.ly:134:2: error: syntax error, unexpected STRING
</quote>

 I tried to \include swing.scm but lilypond literally included the scheme contents and all of it was error.

Any help on how this works is appreciated.

Regards.

Guy Stalnaker
address@hidden