Re: Advice on bar numbers

From: Marc Hohl
Subject: Re: Advice on bar numbers
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 11:40:58 +0100

Am 25.02.2013 11:37, schrieb Graham.Okely:
Thanks I can see that would work in rehearsals.

Working up a drum line is easier if each bar gets a number sequentially. But writing up the drum sequence is only required once. (Usually) So I do not think writing up a fully expanded manuscript for that is worth it. I found penciling in each repeat bar number worked last time. Then just plug steps into the drum sequencer. I may try the fully expanded manuscript yet.

If you use it for working with a sequencer, wouldn't it be better to process the lilypond file with \unfoldRepeats? Then you have a fully expanded version which resembles the sequencer structure 1:1.

HTH,

Marc
Thanks for your advice.
Regards