Re: Short stems

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: Short stems
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2012 07:56:17 +0100

Arle Lommel writes:

> I have run into an odd little aesthetic issue. I'm finding that some
> eighth (or shorter) notes get stems that are too short when they stick
> out from the staff.

LilyPond tries to mimick traditional engraving.  There are bugs,
however, saying "I find xx is too short" is not helpful.

Please find a piece of beautiful engraving and compare that with
LilyPond to see if you found a bug, and show us.

If you cannot find it, you may consider revising your taste regarding
the issue.

Oh, I don't see anything wrong with inline pictures

    http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2012-12/msg00556.html

we've been using them for bug reports and I happen to like them.

Greetings, Jan

Freelance IT http://JoyofSource.com | AvatarĀ®  http://AvatarAcademy.nl