Grace note aligned to beat

From: Oscar Dub
Subject: Grace note aligned to beat
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2012 23:27:02 +0100

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to replicate the grace note positioning in the score example
attached, but I'm struggling to alter how the grace note gets placed relative
to the other staff elements. I want the grace note to align with the note
column of the whole note above, suggesting it would played on the beat rather
than before.

Grace notes in LilyPond seem to be engraved before the note they are attached
to by default. Is there an override or a hack so I can get graces displayed as
I'd like (i.e displacing the note hosting them)?

Snippet code attached.

Thanks,

Oscar

PNG image