vibrato squiggle

From: Shevek
Subject: vibrato squiggle
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2012 15:47:36 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all,

I'm trying to figure out how to create a squiggle above some notes to
indicate the width and frequency of vibrato. I wish I had a picture of what
I'm looking for, but I can't seem to find one (though for some reason I have
this feeling that I saw a snippet that does something like this). Basically,
I want a smooth line that curves up and down, with the height and width of
the ups and downs variable, to attach to notes (ideally) as a spanner. Is
there a way to accomplish this in Lilypond?