Re: vibrato squiggle

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: vibrato squiggle
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 08:46:33 +0200

On 20 juin 2012, at 00:47, Shevek wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to figure out how to create a squiggle above some notes to
> indicate the width and frequency of vibrato. I wish I had a picture of what
> I'm looking for, but I can't seem to find one (though for some reason I have
> this feeling that I saw a snippet that does something like this). Basically,
> I want a smooth line that curves up and down, with the height and width of
> the ups and downs variable, to attach to notes (ideally) as a spanner. Is
> there a way to accomplish this in Lilypond?

If you google "vibster lilypond", there used to be a snippet for 2.12 that did
something like this.  I'm not sure if it works in 2.14.
If you file a bug report asking for this feature to be added to LilyPond, it'll
get added to the tracker.

If you know how to write Scheme code, it'd take about a day to code a clean
version of this.  I can give you a hand w/ design stuff if you need it.

Cheers,
MS