Re: mmrest-oflength not generating MMR 2.15.24

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: mmrest-oflength not generating MMR 2.15.24
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 00:23:40 +0100

Hi Paul;

2012/1/17 Paul Scott <address@hidden>:
> On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 03:18:00PM +0000, Neil Puttock wrote:
>> On 16 January 2012 15:09, Paul Scott <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> > Agreed.  What is the point of NR 1.2.6 and [mmrest|skip]-of-length at all?
>>
>> It is pretty pointless.  This has popped up before, and I suggested
>> last time not to use \cadenzaOn since multi-measure rests need timing
>> information (mainly measureLength) to work properly.  Try this
>> instead:

[...]
> As mentioned I haven't found a way to attach a fermata.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Paul

how about:

\version "2.15.24"

\layout {
 \context {
   \Staff
   \remove "Time_signature_engraver"

cadenzaRest =
#(define-music-function (parser location music) (ly:music?)
  "Make a full-bar rest with the same length as MUSIC
  setting measureLength to ensure the rest is properly centred."
 (make-sequential-music
  (list
  (make-music 'MultiMeasureTextEvent
             'tweaks (list
                      ;; Set the 'text based on the 'direction
                      (cons 'text (lambda (grob)
                                    (if (eq? (ly:grob-property grob
'direction) DOWN)
                                        (markup #:musicglyph "scripts.dfermata")
                                        (markup #:musicglyph
"scripts.ufermata"))))
                      (cons 'outside-staff-priority 40)
                      (cons 'outside-staff-padding 0)))
   #{
     \set Timing.measureLength = #(ly:music-length music)
     $(mmrest-of-length music)
   #}

                  #{
     \unset Timing.measureLength
   #})))

timing = { }

cnotes = \relative c'' {  c8[ d e f g]  }
snotes = { $(skip-of-length cnotes) }
mnotes = \cadenzaRest \cnotes

\score {
 <<