Re: mmrest-oflength not generating MMR 2.15.24

From: Paul Scott
Subject: Re: mmrest-oflength not generating MMR 2.15.24
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2012 21:26:43 -0700

On Sun, Jan 15, 2012 at 02:39:55PM -0800, -Eluze wrote:

> Paul Scott-4 wrote:

> >> - why do you specify \cadenzaOn and -off?
> >> - how would you write a multi measure rest corresponding to 5 eighths in
> >> the
> >> other staff?
> >
> > Because this is debugging an attempt to write a cadenza in a score.  I
> > only discovered skip-of-length and mmrest-of-length when trying to align
> > parts to a cadenza and now I believe I need to use them for this
> > purpose.  This is a minimal example of something which doesn't seem to
> > work as documented.  Five eighth notes is a small subset of the actual
> > cadenza.
> >
> > Thanks for replying,
> >
> I agree it's minimal but maybe too short!
>
> adding notes to fill a full messure (which is 4/4 in this case) enables the
> full measure rest to be written.
>
> why \cadenzaOn is disturbing I cannot say, but try the code below:

> cnotes = \relative c'' { c8[ d e f g] c[ c c ] }
> snotes = { $(skip-of-length cnotes) }
> mnotes = { $(mmrest-of-length cnotes) }
>
> \score{
>   <<
>     \new Staff \cnotes
>     \new Staff \mnotes
>     \new Staff \snotes
>   >>
> }

That works but my actual cadenza is longer than 8 eighth notes.  When I add
another eighth note and put the \cadenza On and Off back in the MMR disappears
again.  Even putting 9/8 for that example doesn't help.

I also get these errors:

programming error: Multi_measure_rest::get_rods (): I am not spanned!
continuing, cross fingers
programming error: Object is not a markup.
continuing, cross fingers
This object should be a markup: ()
programming error: Multi_measure_rest::get_rods (): I am not spanned!
continuing, cross fingers

I think my original question has validity and may even lead to a bug report.

Thanks,

Paul