Making feathered beams more variable

From: harm6
Subject: Making feathered beams more variable
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2011 06:21:20 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

the attached file is a first attempt to make feathered beams more variable.
p.e.:
http://old.nabble.com/file/p32705102/beam15.png
Thanks to David Nalesnik, who answered several questions about the details
of beams.

Some problems persist:
The function is limited up to 64th notes. (I'm sure it could be defined
recursive to generalize it, but I didn't manage.)
When using kneed-beams the output isn't sufficient in all cases.

Please let me know what you think about it.
If someone finds an example which breaks the function, please post it.
It is tested with "2.14.2" and "2.15.13". With few changes it will work with
"2.12.3" too.

Best,
  Harm

http://old.nabble.com/file/p32705102/beam15.ly beam15.ly