Re: Making feathered beams more variable

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Making feathered beams more variable
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2011 16:47:35 +0200

Hi David,

2011/10/29 David Nalesnik <address@hidden>
Hi again,

(...)
The attached should work with accel./rit. and rit./accel.

Wow!! Looks great!!

There is only one extra argument now, which represents the position of the "turnaround".  This can't be larger than the number of notes in the group.

To make it possible to enter the same arguments to both, featherDurationTest and grow-dir-var, I added some conditions to the turnaround-argument and the end-multiplier.

If you notice any problems or think of a way to make this more effective/less tangled please let me know!

I would have expected that the pattern is displayed every time I use \featherDurationTest but it only occurs once. Why?

And there is a strange thing I had to notice: If \featherDurationTest is used a second (or third) time, the second (or third) setting changes and disturbs the first. Or, if I use a high turnaround-value with the first, the next settings are changed. I can't explain or fix this behaviour.

Many thanks,
  Harm

P.S.: In harm-feathered-beams-align-to-stems-rev_04.ly I forgot to apply dir-peak to mark-a. I integrated the correction into the attached file.