Re: MusicXML exporter (was Re: Lilypond lobbying?)

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: MusicXML exporter (was Re: Lilypond lobbying?)
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2011 20:15:03 -0400

David,

>> No: this is trivial to obtain from #2 or #3, via XSLT.
> You are using "trivial" like a mathematician, strictly interchangeable with
> "doable".

Actually, I was using "trivial" in two ways:
1. As a mathematician (yes, I've had several papers published in peer-reviewed
journals), I was — as you noted — using it as a synonym for "doable".
2. As a professional XSLT programmer (yes, some of my income comes from writing
stylesheets), I was using it in the sense of "extracting a strict subset of a
XML tree is quite easy".

Kieren.