RE: [OT] Vivi, the Virtual Violinist, plays LilyPond music

From: James Lowe
Subject: RE: [OT] Vivi, the Virtual Violinist, plays LilyPond music
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 11:25:40 +0000

Han-wen,

)-----Original Message-----
)From: address@hidden
)[mailto:address@hidden On
)Behalf Of Han-Wen Nienhuys
)Sent: 14 March 2011 03:43
)To: Mike Blackstock
)Cc: address@hidden
)
)On Sun, Mar 6, 2011 at 8:17 AM, Mike Blackstock
)<address@hidden> wrote:
)> This is F*****G great! Especially the Bach BWV 1006 - I could have
)> sworn it really was a kid playing.
)> http://percival-music.ca/audio/bwv-1006_1.wav.mp3
)
)To my ears, the rhythm sounded eerily exact - don't kids slow down their
)tempo when it gets difficult?

These are obviously the Children from Midwich ;)

Actually Graham covered that in his last email and which I had also taken him
up on...

--snip--
So far, Vivi doesn't do any "expressive music peformance".  I'm aware that it's
an active research area, especially with Rencon:
http://renconmusic.org/ ...

--snip--

James