Re: ANN: J. S. Bach - 371 Chorals à 4 voix + Etu des d'anamorphoses: les

From: Nick Payne
Subject: Re: ANN: J. S. Bach - 371 Chorals à 4 voix + Etu des d'anamorphoses: les différentes versions d 'un choral.
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2011 06:00:06 +1100

On 02/02/11 20:05, Phil Hézaine wrote:
-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Datum: Tue, 1 Feb 2011 22:13:55 +0100
Von: "Jan Warchoł"<address@hidden>
An: "Phil Hézaine"<address@hidden>
CC: lilypond-user<address@hidden>
Betreff: Re: ANN: J. S. Bach - 371 Chorals à 4 voix + Etudes d\'anamorphoses:
les différentes versions d\'un choral.

That's great! I didn't know it was possible.
How can i extract it? I have arichve manager called 7-zip, that
handles tar.bz2, but it doesn't want to do anything with this pdf...

cheers,
Janek
When I open the file in Acrobat Reader 9 and click on the .tar.bz2 file, I get
the message

You have selected a file that cannotbe exported from Acrobat.

What's wrong? Also, I am interested in including the source in the PDF. Where
can I read how to do this. I hope should be possible, even if i just had some
trouble with it.

Regards,
Helge
Hi,

I guess you have not the tools to uncompress the tar.bz2 archive.
However Windows is totally out of my world here.

With pdftk you can include the source in the pdf:

pdftk your_input.pdf  attach_files  your_archive.tar.bz2  output out.pdf
No, the problem is that Acrobat has some security settings that don't allow some file tyres, such as ZIP, EXE, BZ2 etc, to be opened/saved. From the Adobe web site on Trust Manager settings in Acrobat:

"To open the Trust Manager preferences, open the Preferences dialog box, and select Trust Manager on the left.

"Allow Opening Of Non-PDF File Attachments With External Applications
"When selected, allows file attachments to start external applications when you open the files. You must have the external applications to open the files. Note: For security reasons, certain file types (such as .zip and .exe files) cannot be saved or opened with Acrobat. Acrobat products maintain a registry/plist-level black and white list of file types that can be saved and opened with Acrobat. You cannot change this list by using the Acrobat interface. The only way to change the list is by manually editing the registry, which is not recommended. Acrobat allows you to attach files that cannot be saved or opened from the application. However, this practice is not recommended.

On Windows, you can edit the registry to gain access to the attachment ("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat\9.0\FeatureLockDown\cDefaultLaunchAttachmentPerms". "tBuiltInPermList" is the REG_SZ value to change.), but on Linux, which is I what I'm using, I believe that the attachment is completely inaccessible.

If you want the attachment to be accessible, you can change the file extension to something allowed before attaching it - eg make it file.tar.bz2.txt - but the user then needs to be savvy enough to rename the file after saving it.

Nick