Re: letter vs. a4 (and leger lines)

From: David Raleigh Arnold
Subject: Re: letter vs. a4 (and leger lines)
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2010 08:27:40 -0400

On Thursday 02 September 2010 06:51:07 Phil Holmes wrote:
> [...]

There it is. Since he was the only one who actually did any work
on it, the way the other self styled authorities should have and
*didn't*, one has to satisfy Grove. ;-)

The French leger for light *or slight* satisfies me. They
are "slight lines" aren't they? They aren't lines of a big heavy old
book or lines of accounts are they?

I doubt "ledger", beam, and "ledger", big book, are the same word
either. The wooden ledger is probably a beam that makes a ledge.
IMO people who wrote music were unlikely to have even known that
word. How many know what a lag bolt or lag screw are? (lai

Report Card:

Grove: C
The rest: F

Regards, daveA

--
For beginners: very easy guitar music, solos, duets, exercises. Early
intermediate guitar solos. One best scale set for all guitarists.