Re: Website Church music drawn up with LilyPond

From: dadadharma @dslextreme.com
Subject: Re: Website Church music drawn up with LilyPond
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 12:58:18 -0700

Does anyone know of wikiproject-type efforts to create lilypond files (and make them available for widespread use) of other liturgical music, e.g. Palestrina masses?

Does everybody know about the sheet music wiki?

<http://imslp.org/wiki/Main_Page>

-- the rest of the message is kinda offtopic --
-- so please reply to those questions --
-- directly to me --

Niccolo Machiavelli was a musician, selon
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niccolò_Machiavelli>

In 1498 he replaced  Girolamo Savonarola as Secretary to the Second Chancery of the Republic of Florence.

As a musical self-fullfilling prophesy, Savonarola wrote the hymn "Jesus may our hearts be burning With more fervent love for Thee"

Then he was burned at the stake.

Infiamma il mio cor tanto.
Dell' amor tuo divino,

(Thus creating an opening for the position of Secretary to the Second Chancery.)

Does anyone know anything about Machiavelli as a musician?

Wouldn't it be fun to have a wikiproject, putting Florentine music from Machiavelli's time into LilyPond -- the Machiavellian music project?

David Olson