Re: lilypond tool and MidiInput

From: Bertalan Fodor (LilyPondTool)
Subject: Re: lilypond tool and MidiInput
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2010 23:03:48 +0100

David Santamauro wrote:
What is the status (if any) of LilyPondTool MIDI output? Is there any
work going on in that direction? I'm very interested in accurate midi
representation of the written page and have invested much time in
understanding the subtle, but yet convincing effects midi controllers
have on performance. A fusion of the scoring power of lilypond with
an accurate midi representation would be, for me, the ultimate tool for
productivity.
Hi, LilyPondTool is not, but LilyPond IS developed in that direction. However, there is much work to do, and you are certainly welcome to contribute better MIDI output if you can. Currently LilyPond doesn't support the performance articulation marks (like staccato), not to mention "humanization". Even simple things are on the todo list like arbitrary MIDI messages attached to notes.

Bert