Re: lilypond tool and MidiInput

From: David Santamauro
Subject: Re: lilypond tool and MidiInput
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2010 19:16:03 -0500

On Mon, 15 Feb 2010 00:01:21 -0000
"Trevor Daniels" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Graham Percival wrote Sunday, February 14, 2010 10:49 PM
>

> > On Sun, Feb 14, 2010 at 11:03:48PM +0100, Bertalan Fodor
> > (LilyPondTool) wrote:

> >> Hi, LilyPondTool is not, but LilyPond IS developed in that
> >> direction.
> >> However, there is much work to do, and you are certainly welcome
> >> contribute better MIDI output if you can.

I haven't programmed scheme since SGML/Jade days... I'll need to brush
the cobwebs out of the way and put my glasses on.

> >> Currently LilyPond doesn't support the performance articulation
> >> marks
> >> (like staccato), not to mention "humanization".
> >
> > I believe that Dr. Peter Chubb's work adds articulations marks.
> > Sadly, nobody has contributed any doc work about this:
> > http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.13/Documentation/usage/midi-articulation
> > so I can't even point you at his webpage(s).
>
> Peter's original announcement, with articulate.ly and some
> instructions for its use is at
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2008-08/msg00108.html
>
> Trevor

Many thanks, I'll take a good look at it and see what it brings --
can't promise anything, but I will surely look.

Is there any demand for this or am I a corner case?

thanks again,

David