Re: simple editor for windows

From: Aaron Dalton
Subject: Re: simple editor for windows
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 09:12:15 -0700 (MST)

On Fri, 18 Dec 2009, Stefan Thomas wrote:

Dear Ralph,
thanks for Your hint. I've downloaded Textpad.
It works well, but unfortunately I couldn't get syntax-highlighting with it.
Isn't it available?

2009/12/16 Ralph Palmer <address@hidden>
      Stefan -

      I have been using ConTEXT on my Win XP machine. It's freeware, and has
Lilypond
      highlighting. I've been very happy with it. It's simple and kind, but has
formatting
      not normally available in NotePad.

      Check it out at:
      http://www.contexteditor.org

      Ralph

I have been using jEdit (http://jedit.org) and i absolutely love it. The seller for me is the (s)FTP support. It treats the remote file system just as if it were local. I can access it by URL (sftp://address@hidden/my/dir) instead of having to manage "sites." Even if you don't need the FTP feature, I strongly recommend giving it a shot. It highlights Lilypond syntax and will let you work with UTF-8 for those pesky foreign lyrics :)

Cheers!
Aaron