Re: LilyPond, Finale and Sibelius

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: LilyPond, Finale and Sibelius
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2009 00:59:43 +0200

2009/4/5 Han-Wen Nienhuys <address@hidden>:
> Please come up with something different.  I think the idea to
> use (for example) & as a place holder is much more sane.

As I suggested, if we forbid such standalone durations after anything
else than an explicit duration, it would not break anything wrt
whitespaces. -- But I agree that this is not quite "sane".

2009/4/5 Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden>:

> OK.  Then I vote for a letter like `q' as a repeater for chords.  `&'
> is a bit cumbersome to type.

Well, the advantage of a non-letter char is that it's less easy to
confuse it with a note... That being said, we already have  `r',
meaning "rest" and `s' meaning "skip"... But what does `q' mean? :-)

Regards,
Valentin