Re: rests position in otherwise empty measure.txt

From: Bill Mooney
Subject: Re: rests position in otherwise empty measure.txt
Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 20:58:59 +1200

My thanks to you and to Mats Bengtsson and others for your help on this... :)

The solutions offered have given me the music appearance my client wants which is ultimately the result we ever want - the customer is always right... (I suppose)

I am coming to grips with LP slowly and am finding it great for notating music which is straight-forward, but the tweaks to achieve a pleasing result in complex music are elusive, to me at least, as I don't have a programing background and only a fairly rudimentary knowledge of music theory and notation best-practice. However, by riding on the shoulders of those who have made the Snippets and Templates available I have managed to put together some reasonably pleasing results since launching myself into the pond a few weeks ago.

Regards
Bill

Trevor Daniels wrote:
Bill

I don't really know the answer to your question, whether the LP default positioning for whole measure rests in polyphonic music follows standard typesetting practice, although I know it was always the intention to do so. So I'm copying this to the -user list to prompt comment from those more knowledgeable than I about such things.

Trevor

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bill Mooney" <address@hidden>