Re: outside-staff-priority

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: outside-staff-priority
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 09:53:07 -0400

Hi David,

I would also like to know if it is still possible to widen the MultiMeasureRest.
I know this used to be possible with minimumMeasureWidth or something.
Haven't found a reference to anything like that in the current docs.

        \override MultiMeasureRest #'minimum-length = #15

where '15' can be adjusted as necessary.

I *have* been trying to find the solution in the docs and either
a) I haven't found the right paragraph or b) I'm just not getting it.

The "docs" (i.e., manuals) can't possibly contain every solution/tip for everybody -- sometimes you need to drill into the LayoutObject definitions and find the right setting to adjust. In this case, it's pretty easy to find this in the multi-measure-rest-interface property list.

HTH,
Kieren.